- Vision: To empower every voice in our community
- Mission: We share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
- Community aspirations: Literacy, Education, Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, Empathy, Health, Safety, Affordability
Engagement: The Oak Park Public Library connects people and builds community
Corresponding Values: Equity, Civic Responsibility, Collaboration, Compassion, Gathering, Participation
- We focus on inclusive engagement and service to diverse community groups.
- We facilitate connections among diverse audiences through shared community aspirations and experiences.
- We lead the community in impactful civic engagement.
- We attract and retain a library staff that reflects the diversity of our community.
Learning: The Oak Park Public Library educates global citizens
Corresponding Values: Knowledge, Access, Literacy, Privacy, Education, Opportunity, Intellectual Freedom
- We build capacity for literacy and education.
- We prepare people for continuously changing technology.
- We improve patrons’ lives through opportunities to create and to learn new skills.
Stewardship: The Oak Park Public Library sustains, shares, and respects community resources
Corresponding Values: Accountability, Preservation, Sustainability, Transparency
- We invite everyone into library spaces that are welcoming, safe, and inspiring.
- We provide broad, effective, and equitable access to resources.
- We prioritize sustainability.
- We support all library staff to achieve happiness, well-being, and success.